By David J Asai; James D Forney; American Society for Cell Biology
Tetrahymena thermophila is rising as a strong experimental method for sensible genetics. The ciliated protozoan bargains a variety of benefits, no longer the least of that is the power to do away with any particular gene of curiosity after which to judge the impression of that mutation at the residing phone. previous investigations with T. thermophila have yielded a number of key discoveries, together with dynein, catalytic RNA, and telomerase. This quantity is a entire source for utilizing Tetrahymena within the laboratory and is aimed toward individuals already skilled, in addition to novices to the organism. It covers either the organic historical past and crucial protocols for investigators speedily turning to Tetrahymena because the experimental procedure of selection.
* comprises either theoretical and functional matters in 30 chapters contributed by means of the realm experts on Tetrahymena
* Indispensible for either the beginner and the skilled researcher
* Overviews the background, phone biology, and genetics of the organism
* Describes crucial protocols at the progress of cells, genetic recommendations, and the way to examine the cells with the microscope
* Illustrates how the tools may be utilized to unravel a variety of cellphone organic problems
* experiences lately built suggestions for changing gene expression